TCS To Offer Online Classes on 2/8/20 and 2/15/20
Key Point Summary:
- TCS calendar for February 2020:
- 2/8/20: Enrichment classes 1:00-2:00 PM canceled; Chinese and SAT classes 2:00-4:00 PM offered by distance learning (please DO NOT go to the classrooms)
- 2/15/20: Enrichment classes 1:00-2:00 PM canceled; Chinese and SAT classes 2:00-4:00 PM offered by distance learning (please DO NOT go to the classrooms)
- 2/22/20: All classes canceled due to ODU admissions’ open house
- 2/29/20: To be decided by the Board of Directors later
- Please join the class WeChat group ASAP via your child’s teacher and following instructions to test your hardware and software for distance learning on 2/8/20 and 2/15/20
Dear Parents and Students,
On Saturday, February 8, 2020, and February 15, 2020, all enrichment classes (1:00-2:00 PM) will be canceled and all Chinese and SAT classes (2:00-4:00 PM) will be offered through distance learning rather than normal classroom teaching. The Board of Directors made this decision to minimize possible infection risks of 2019-nCoV and to address parents’ mounting concerns. For the rest of the February classes:
February 22, 2020: Canceled due to ODU open house
February 29, 2020: To be decided later
If you haven’t done so, please join the class WeChat group ASAP through your child’s teacher. You can reply to this email/message to get information on how to be connected with the teacher.
If you have already joined the class WeChat group, please follow the teacher’s instructions on how to test your hardware and software for distance learning on the two Saturdays. The teachers will be testing your distance learning system through this Friday.
Please continue following the instructions from CDC website.
There is currently no vaccine to prevent 2019-nCoV infection. The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
For information about handwashing, see CDC’s Handwashing website
For information specific to healthcare, see CDC’s Hand Hygiene in Healthcare Settings
These are everyday habits that can help prevent the spread of several viruses. CDC does have specific guidance for travelers.
We will continue closely monitoring statements from CDC, Virginia Beach Public Schools, Norfolk Public Schools, ODU, and local governments and taking precautionary measures to protect our community.
Thank you for your support,
TCS Board of Directors